Saturday, February 14, 2009

We received a request to post the following letter.

Dear Rabbi Levitansky; Shlit"a

I am writing to you as a concerned parent.

Please forgive me for choosing (for now) to remain anonymous. I am afraid to confront you directly as I don't want my son to suffer repercussions.

I plan to call Mr. Harry Brown and inquire what is the truth of these goings on. I know him for many years to be sincerely dedicated to Telshe Yeshiva and not given to irrational excitement and false accusations! He would never do anything that was unfounded or not in the best interest of Telshe Yeshiva! I am also recommending to other parents who have children in the Yeshiva to do the same. His phone number is: 216.363.4606.

But will Rabbi Levitansky please honestly answer the following question:

A number of people have told me that this young man was quietly sent for therapy (to JL in Chicago?). Now if as you insist "NOTHING HAPPENED" and you were advised by your (Chicago) lawyer (and Chicago Rabbi!) to take no action and vehemently deny the reliability of the boy who told you he was propositioned to "pull his pants down" so that this young man can "check if he is a 'halachik adult'" can you then please explain to me, why did you arrange for this young man to go for therapy?! Do you usually send 'innocent normal' people who do "NOTHING WRONG" for psychological counseling?!

Rabbi Levitansky, I mean this with the greatest of respect. Thank God, the targeted victim was emotionally resilient enough to fend off being molested (and therefore technically "NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED") but in what way could that possibly justify your not immediately and completely removing any further possible contact or interaction, with this potentialy dangerous threat, from my son and all the other boys in the Yeshiva that we entrusted to your care?

Did you really first need an actual molestation to "HAPPEN" leaving in its wake an emotionally damaged molested child, before you would take action and protect the remaining young men you are legally and halachikly responsible for?!

RABBI LEVITANSKY, PLEASE TELL ME THE TRUTH? WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR SON TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN A DORMITORY ROOM ALONE WITH THIS MAN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment